Active Tax Advisory
Mindful Tax Planning to Ensure Tax Efficiency
Tax planning is integral to maximizing and managing wealth. At Acumen Wealth Advisors, we consider the tax implications of every decision of our clients’ lives across the spectrum of their financial, estate, and investment portfolio.
Active Tax Management Services
- Tax Return Audit and Review
- Year-End Planning
- Trusts and Estate Planning
- Asset Location
- Securities Selection
- Tax Optimization
- Roth Conversion Analysis
We serve our clients by taking a thorough analysis of their tax obligations. We also advise them every step of the way and work with their CPAs to prepare the necessary documentation. Once prepared, Acumen’s CPA reviews our clients’ returns to help them avoid costly missteps and prepare for the next year’s tax planning.
Acumen seeks to enhance returns through active tax management comprising of security selection and asset location. Understanding when to withdraw assets, and from where, is crucial.
- Asset location recommends purchasing less tax-efficient assets in tax-deferred or tax-free accounts, and tax-efficient assets in taxable accounts.
- Lower risk, lower growth, and long-term investments are placed in taxable accounts.
- Higher risk, higher growth, income producing, and possible shorter-term investments are placed in tax-deferred (traditional retirement accounts) or tax-free (Roth) accounts.
- Tax optimization prioritizes trades for securities with losses, securities with no tax consequences, and securities with gains.
To potentially benefit from this strategy, clients must have both qualified and non-qualified accounts.
Trusts and Estate Planning
Protecting legacies is central to our mission at Acumen Wealth Advisors.
Many of our clients have considerable trusts and estates which need to be protected and properly managed from a generational wealth and tax perspective. Our goal is to help with their income tax strategies today and their trust and estate planning strategies for tomorrow. Having plans in place to protect and grow what matters most to our clients gives them peace of mind. They need to know that what they have worked so hard in building will provide for so many generations to come.
Our fiduciary team understands the unique circumstances, goals, and wishes of each of our clients’, and just as importantly, understands the intricacies of estate planning, including:
- Tax-efficient strategies to transfer wealth.
- Options for charitable gifting to leave a lasting legacy.
- Asset ownership structures and planning for taxes at death.
- Insurance strategy and coverage review with advice.
- Planning considerations to preserve family harmony and address unique family situations.
- Determining potential trust options that may be appropriate.
We collaborate with our client’s attorneys to create and
update several types of trusts
for our clients including:
- Spousal Lifetime Access Trusts
- Charitable Lead Annuity Trusts
- Charitable Remainder Annuity Trusts
- Charitable Lead Uni-Trusts
- Revocable Trusts
- Irrevocable Trusts
Once trusts and estate plans are designed and structured, we work with our clients’ attorneys to ensure those wishes are properly documented. The proper estate plan ensures our clients’ assets are well preserved for generations by providing for loved ones and ensuring their philanthropic strategies are in place.