We enjoy helping boards and committees maximize their resources and effect positive change to enrich our communities.
Foundations and Endowments
Foundations and endowments are the inspiration and legacy of philanthropic gifts given by people with intentions to make a difference by enriching our communities. For this reason, the team at Acumen Wealth Advisors is inspired to help boards serve their mission. Since foundations and endowments are designed to be perpetual, our team understands they require a different approach. We facilitate foundations and their boards to build on their investment policy, manage, and report on their foundation’s performance while working with donors to help create philanthropic gifts.
Foundations and endowments are overseen by boards and committees with constantly changing membership yet with a unified mission. Their goal is to maximize their resources and affect positive change. To maintain consistency and adherence to the goals and objectives of the foundation or endowment, Acumen will understand the mission and assist in the construction of a unique Investment Policy Statement (IPS). We understand unique needs and welcome the opportunity to demonstrate how our team can support your mission.
Through our Philanthropic Advisory service, Acumen Wealth Advisors assists clients to identify and align their values with charitable organizations. Helping clients structure their philanthropy and charitable support in a tax-efficient manner is rewarding.
Understanding gifting methods serves both the needs of our clients and the grantee’s financial and tax objectives. Forms of gifting are:
- Charitable gifting during life
- Generational gifting
- Charitable inclinations at death
- Donor-advised funds
- Estate planning
Our charitably inclined clients donate to nonprofits for many reasons including:
- Happiness: People, who give to charity, are happier. Many studies, one in particular, have found individuals, who donate money to charity, report being happier than others, regardless of age, gender, and income levels.
- Confidence: People give when they believe the charity can accomplish goals aligning with their values. To feel confidence, the donor must feel their values and the charity’s mission are aligned.
- Empathy: Many people give to charity because they have compassion for those who are less fortunate.
- Social Connection: People give because they enjoy the people they meet and the connections they make.
“The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.”Ralph Waldo Emerson
Schedule a Meeting
Our mission is to help you and your family Invest Intentionally®.
Contact us today to start your journey.