Acumen’s Reese Veltenaar Teaches 2nd Graders Financial TopicsMarch 6, 2019
Acumen’s Managing Partner, Reese Veltenaar, had a great time teaching 2nd graders about important financial matters recently. The kids enjoyed learning many things including:
- how people contribute to and benefit from a community
- different types of jobs and skills needed for them
- earning money for their work by making donuts
- various businesses and government careers
- how taxation supports government services
- recognizing the importance for responsible citizens to vote
- seeing how money flows through a community’s economy.
The lessons were from the Junior Achievement program in order to help students acquire the knowledge and economic reasoning skills to make sound financial decisions. Overall, the children had a fun time learning important concepts and Reese appreciated being a part of their day.