Form CRS: Brokers and Investment Advisers – Which is Right For Me?July 14, 2020
What are the different services brokers and advisers offer and which is right for me?
The services you receive will depend on your agreement with the broker or adviser.
Brokers provide services that are generally more transactional and time-specific. A typical broker:
- accepts and carries out orders to buy and sell investments;
- gives recommendations to buy, sell, or hold a specific investment; and
- may agree to periodically monitor investments in some accounts.
Advisers provide services that are generally more focused on your portfolio or account over time. A typical adviser:
- gives ongoing advice about your investments – whether to buy, sell, or hold a specific investment;
- provides ongoing monitoring of how your investments are doing; and
- manages some accounts (called discretionary accounts) by making trades for you.
For more information, check out this video from SEC Chairman Jay Clayton
Get in touch
Our mission is to help you and your family Invest Intentionally®.
Contact us today to start your journey.